Friday, March 19, 2010


So I noticed I haven't written for awhile. I finally got caught up on e-mail, hadn't been there since before Christmas. Then we went to Colorado for a Sun-Thursday and I'm almost as far behind as I was before we left! Oh well. In Colorado we got to see some of our good friends in Denver, Justus totally loved their dog and cat, and the kids played inside the dog's pen for a LONG time! Then we went on to a camp near Estes Park with a group from our church to do work. The first day I worked tearing down wallpaper, then scrubbing (not as easy as it sounds) the glue off of the wall behind the wallpaper, then I mudded all the holes in the wall of a couple of the rooms before they painted and I excused myself not wanting to be around the fumes. So the next day since all the ladies and younger people were painting I followed Kjell around, I decided I really enjoy "men's work" at things like this. We got to put trim up in the rec room, we had to measure and then nail those babies down, I got to use a nail gun first time ever. You'd think since I was a criminal justice major and had a ton of time shooting a hand gun I wouldn't be scared of a nail gun. But I was for the first couple of times I did it. The next day I was supposed to be working in child care but Justus did horrible with me there he wouldn't let me even look at another kid and screamed they said "he hasn't acted like this at all" so I decided that was my cue to go work somewhere else and let someone else watch my son. Kiah could care less she loves to play with other people. I'm so glad I chose to leave because I got to help demo a cabin. There Kjell and another guy his age were in charge and then sr. jr high boys so when I came up they didn't really care but they put me in the bathroom, all by myself to take care of that room. At first I was slow, I took the light fixture, mirror and shower curtain out with a screw driver. And then used a crowbar to pry all the drywall out. ( At this point with all the dust flying I wondered how much safer this was for a pregnant women than painting was but I was having a blast) Somehow I manage to get the room basically finished (with a few helps from Kjell) but of course when it comes to the toilet the guys totally take over, and start throwing an ax at it from across the room. Boys will be boys! This dorm had two bathrooms and when I was "almost finished" with this one we all moved to the other side. Well this time I had learned a lot.. slug away, forget unscrewing things just punch a hole in the dry wall and it will come off plus you will get more dry wall done at the same time.

You may wonder how a preggo woman like me made it working this hard in the high altitude. It's called two other kids who had to have afternoon naps. So I got to hang out with them and nap a bit and get a bit caught up on my magazines (if you count starting at the beginning of Nov and getting to the end of November of catching up) So that was nice.

We left with our two kids and the three jr. high girls we had invited from our awana group on Thursday. One of the girls got car sick on the way out of the mountains. I'm just so glad she felt bad before we left because I thought to get a couple barf bags. We were also blessed that she started right next to one of those slow cars pull over spots because once we got started back up we would have had to drive a good 4 minutes down the road before we would have been able to stop. When we got home Kjell pointed out that we were really naughty though, we left the bag and a couple of baby wipes next to the road. I NEVER even thought of that as littering I had to turn my head away and just focus on breathing so I didn't end up next to her! So I have littered in Co, and I feel horrible!

We got home anxious to sit down and watch all the games, only to find that due to operational error (I won't mention names but it wasn't me!) we didn't have the games recorded. We got home about half time of the second games, and then we kept hearing how the first four games were all amazing and we were really disappointed but we have been sitting in front of the TV ever since. If you don't know the NCAA tourny is the whole reason Kjell and I are married so we love to watch it together.

I'm starting to look pregnant. I guess I knew that would happen lol! I did order a new workout video I'm going to do starting on Monday call Calean, it's by the same company that does P90X but it is a little bit easier, not as intense AND I get two days off a week rather than one. And the workouts are shorter. So that is very exciting. I had been just doing a couple workout videos and wasn't too impressed with me being in charge of what I did when. (didn't feel like I was pushing myself enough) but I feel happy to start this one. We will see if I will be able to do all the moves. I will finish this mid June the way it looks and i may want to be working out more outside by then so we will see if i get it done.


No comments:

Post a Comment