Wednesday, April 11, 2012

online journal

Ok well my last post was over a month ago so who knows if I can do a better job of posting on here. But I was told after the events of yesterday that I should keep a journal to see how God works in this situation so I thought instead of hiding that I would share it with my few followers. If you don't know Kjell lost his job yesterday (well his contract is not renewed for next year so it's not like he is no longer working or getting paid we are getting paid through August) However it was a blow the superintendent did not know it was coming and neither did either of the principals. This is so hard to have to go through again because Kjell is a good teacher. Read any of the reviews his principal handed to the board. It comes down to small town politics and probably in this situation jr high girl's basketball coaching. Was he a horrible coach- with a 10-4 record winning the Meade tournament and taking 3rd at the league tournament that is very hard to say was a bad season. I was impressed the year went as well as it did it was to be a rebuilding year and although it wasn't to the caliber of KU's run.... it was a great season.

I do believe I have entered the stages of grief bouncing back and forth between them, yelling in anger, crying and wondering what will happen, and the rare occasion this morning where I felt like I had a guerrilla on my chest and I needed a paper bag to breath. To waking up hoping it was all a bad dream to being at peace and knowing that God is bigger than this school board or any other school board for that matter. And that God knew the day we went to Minneola that it was for a two year period. Sometimes I just wish God would give us a little bit clearer fore-site. The hardest part for me right now is we just bought a van, we own a house and we are going on a missions trip in June.... All good things but I am just scared to know what comes next.

But let me tell you one thing. Kjell is a man who can handle this. He is able to just let things roll off of him and he's not worried about anything. He just keeps saying God has a better place for us, a better school for us. So I will believe him and trust God for what is to come. It's not like we haven't been in this place before. We are looking at jobs in Kansas but are also exploring options of overseas teaching/missions. We were looking into the overseas stuff this past year but were not thinking we would be given the opportunity to explore it in depth this quickly. God is good all the time. All the time God is good. Now if someone could just bring me a small brown paper bag I think everything will be ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment