Thursday, June 4, 2009

My blog has two followers. I guess if life was a popularity contest I would lose. It wouldn't be the first time I was never really popular when I was growing up. It changed a bit in college since I was a tennis player. We weren't really individuals we were just the "tennis girls" Ok so that wasn't even what I was going to talk about.

Last night Kjell met his dad around Clay Center and Baloit and then was his SAG the rest of the way back. Which meant a night at home with two kids by myself. I read an article a couple weeks back about a single mother who wrote a letter to married gals complaining about the things their husbands don't do right or don't do at all and how she was like she'd like to have any of them around to do "all the things wrong" at least she would be getting help. So that article was on my mind when a moth flew into the bathroom and Kjell wasn't there to kill it for me. It's amazing some of the things that he does around here that I just take for granted! So the moth lived to see another day in our house as I ran from the room so he wouldn't follow me to the bathroom.

I couldn't sleep last night and fell asleep shortly after two. I didn't realize that it had been a very long time since I had slept in our bed without Kjell there. In fact in our new bed I think it was the first night ever. Today was crazy I had a lunchen at 12:30 then Kiah and I got our hair cuts at 3:30. My wonderful little girl sat so still while she got her hair cut. I thought it would cut out all of her really blonde hair because it is coming in a bit darker but there is still about two inches of it left and it appears the sun is bleaching it out a bit. I thought it would be nice to have them for the BAK.

Tonight was my last night of Bible school. I'm sad to be done. I really had fun and I really do miss being out of my house and interacting with children. But I wouldn't change staying at home for anything in the world. It's just I LOVE being around children, however if and when I do go back to school, it's going to be to work with older kids. 1st and 2nd graders really are a lot of fun. I really do believe they act a lot like jr high kids though, only jr high kids have a bit more reasoning skills so to me it's easier to get through to them.

Tomorrow the adventure begins. I got Kiah all packed but since we aren't leaving until 4 she is the only one packed. Kjell's mom got her a cute shirt to wear it says "my grandpa rocks" perfect for what he has to do to get her across the state. The first few days are going to be really HOT. Pray that we can find some shade! We will see when I get to write again some schools give us their internet password and some do not.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe only two followers via blogger, but you won't know how many have subscribed with Google reader (like me)!

    ReplyDelete