Monday, June 1, 2009

So today was and IS still interesting. Kjell's dad is doing a fundraiser for a woman in Atwood who has cancer so my job was to call around to area businesses and ask if we could but jars there so that people could put money in them. Everyone was super nice and everyone said yes except for Duckwalls they aren't allowed to have cans. It's so neat to see small towns get behind people, the cable company was like oh I love Debbie can I put an ad on the TV for you (on the local station) was like YEAH YOU CAN. Well I was super excited about that so I called my Atwood partner who is helping me make the jars and she works at the school and she sounded bad so I asked her what was wrong and she said something really bad has happend that is school related I'll call you back in a couple minutes you and Kjell both need to be on the phone. Ok so the next ten minutes were the longest minutes in a long time. We were wondering two things Kjell lost his job (which really shouldn't have crossed our minds since he's already been handed a contract for next year) or someone died. Well someone died. She was a para in two of Kjell's classroom and basically the only person (besides himself) that Kjell really wanted to teach for him (she would take over the class sometimes on track days when he was gone) She also was the manager of the pool, she was 45. She just didn't wake up this morning. I've always had a really hard time with death. I know that God has a plan for our lives and if we have accepted Christ into our hearts this world really is nothing we should long for or long for others to have. But I MISS people, I have a tender heart when it comes to life. I still miss my great grandma imensly and still get teary just thinking about how much I miss her. She's been gone for over two years now. So that was the sad part of the day.

Today I walked forty five minutes (as I'm writting this I'm thinking why did I lable this Kjell and Laressa's blog when I have a feeling I'll be the only one to ever write!+) I've been walking a certain number of minutes each day for the past month. It's supposed to be three months to losing the babyweight. I haven't seen any proof of that yet but I feel more toned.

Tonight Kiah and I went to Bible school. I am in charge of the 1st and 2nd graders I don't have to teach I just take the kids to different areas and maintain peace. We had 12 kids today. It's interesting because they are doing the Bible school with several other churches, four different demonations all of which Kjell and I don't fully agree with, but we feel Bible School is ok. Wow do we miss our church in Spring Hill.

Right now I am sittng in a tent in our basement. We are practicing for the BAK. It took Justus awhile to fall asleep but he wasn't fussing just talking, and trying to crawl. YES trying to crawl where in the world did this come from? He hasn't even been interested in anything and now he's just going to try to hop right into crawling. Kiah hasn't fallen asleep yet, outside there is a storm coming so I'm glad we opted for the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment