Monday, July 24, 2017

3D Pen by 3Doodler Review

When I first found out that there was a 3D pen we could try I was skeptical as to how it would work and if I, a very uncrafty person, would enjoy it. We got it roughly a week ago and used it for much of Karis' birthday party decorations and I LOVE it!! 3Doodler is the maker of this pen and their website is chalk full of templates you can print in order to make all sorts of fun stuff. We went little with hearts and flowers for on the cupcakes (taking less than 30 seconds a piece to make) , medium with Kiah age 11 loving making glasses and helping other kids learn to make them (about a 10-15 minute project depending on how much detail is added), to big with the Eiffel tower this probably took me about one and half to two hours, (leaning tower of Eiffel??) We started with two pens because I was supposed to give one a way as a door prize and one day we sat down and I didn't look up for four hours- that is how much fun we had with these pens!
here was a 3D pen we could try I was skeptical as to how it would work and if I, a very uncrafty person, would enjoy it. We got it roughly a week ago and used it for much of Karis' birthday party decorations and I LOVE it!!

They kind of work like a glue gun and one of my kids took awhile to get over the smell of the melting plastic. The tip does get VERY hot like leave a blister hot so it has to be used under adult supervision. After choosing a color I would push it in and twist it until it caught on to the pen and then it melts and comes up the end. I discovered I could make much better art if I only used it on the slow speed not the high. It was easy enough my 7 year old could use it but I think my 11 year old had the most fun with it (besides me who loved it!) I honestly was sad we had to give one away as a door prize but am glad we have another one. These are available to buy on Amazon and on sale right now for $89 down from $99 

Thank you 3Doodler and Tryazon for allowing me to host a party with this great product. I was given the product to try for free and all the reviews here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment