Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Psalms 100:3

Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.

Today I am a bit frustrated. Ya see I started my workout and I have so many people who are just helping me along the way, giving me support, talking me through things that are hard, offering advice, remember their times going through the same things and that is great. But lets say I started talking about how I was going to do an hour of time each day with God on facebook. Would I get the encouragement, would I get the support, would I get the "I've been there too before trying to spend time with God and it's hard to give up time." No not all of my facebook friends are Christians so I would except weird faces when they say I would like to try to spend one hour with God each day, but it's the Christians who don't say anything, and don't think I'm pointing fingers because I know sometimes I've been the worst offender of not commenting on "Christian things" when did it become more important for EVERYONE in the world to take more care of their physical body than their mental and in my case my spiritual body? Wow I guess after these 90 days of P90X and trying to spend more time with God I hope to look different on the outside and the inside.

The verse at the top is my memory verse for today. See the Awana program now has books that the leaders can go through and I thought I needed to add that to my collection because I memorized so many verses as a kid and now I can't hardly remember any of them so I'm back and I'm going to start doing that. My other job for today is to start a prayer journal for the kids I'm leading at AWANA another good thing because we have kids at an age where they are still told what to do if they have to come to AWANA they come but these next eight years after jr high are when kids really start to become their own person. I know it's when I did the most growing, stumbling and searching in my life. So now I'll get off the computer and do that. I know I'm ok, but I know I can do better.

So much for this blog being about the kids! Oh well their time will come I'm sure. Oh here's a good conversation Kiah and I had last night Kiah: mommy why did Jesus have to die on the cross? Me: because of sin, we are all bad people and someone had to pay for what we did wrong. Kiah: so he left God in heaven? Me: yup Kiah: then God didn't have any friends. Me: well He could still see Jesus and all the people on the earth so I think He was ok. WOW she never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment